Terms and Conditions
NatWest Home Insurance - Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
This prize draw is promoted by National Westminster Plc (the “Bank”). The Bank’s home insurance and Premier Insurance policies are underwritten by U K Insurance Limited. This offer is administered and managed on behalf of the Bank by The Marketing Lounge Partnership, The Cow Shed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Cheshire, WA4 4PG (“MLP”).
You are eligible to enter the prize draw if the following conditions are met:
• You have purchased a new home insurance policy from our range (Renters, Standard or Elite) or a Premier Insurance policy from our range (Premier Home, Pet or Car) or a combination of our Premier Insurance policies, for example Home and Pet, between 17th January 2023 and 23:59 hours on 30th March 2023 (‘Offer period’).
• Cover does not need to commence between these dates, but the policy must be purchased during the Offer period
• you must have paid either your initial monthly instalment(s) or full annual insurance premium(s)
• The policy start date is within 90 days of date of purchase
• Your policy must still be active at the time of the draw.
• Payment for the policy or policies is made when expected prior to the prize draw applicable to your policy or policies
• you must be aged 18 or over and a UK resident
The following customers are not eligible to enter the prize draw:
Existing Bank home or Premier insurance customers who are renewing their policy or policies.
When will the prize draws take place?
• There are two prize draws and which one you are entered into will depend on your policy start date
• The first prize draw will take place on 18th May 2023 for any eligible customers who have purchased a policy or policies within the offer period with a start date between 17th January 2023 and 30th March 2023.
• The second prize draw will take place on 14th August 2023 for any eligible customers who have purchased a policy or policies within the offer period with a start date after the 30th March 2023.
What is the prize?
If you meet the conditions above, you’ll be automatically entered into the applicable prize draw or prize draws to win a sum equal to the cost of your annual insurance premium(s).
• 10% of the overall entries will be drawn as winners from each prize draw. For example, if there are 4000 entries there will be 400 winners.
• Each winner will receive a cheque equal to the amount of their annual insurance premium(s).
• Annual insurance premium(s) is the annual cost of your policy or policies including any optional extras, add-ons and Insurance Premium Tax. This prize relates to winning a sum equal to the cost of the first year of your policy or policies only and does not apply in the case of any subsequent renewals.
• We retain sole discretion to decide whether any eligibility requirements have or have not been met.
How do I enter?
• Entry is free.
• If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will automatically enter you into the prize draw.
• One entry per household will be entered into the prize draw.
• If you do not want to be entered into the prize draw, please enter your details at treats.natwest.com/prizedraw/opt-out. You can also call us on 01565 656 493. If you want to opt out, you must do this within 30 days of purchasing your policy or policies. You may still be selected as a winner if you opt-out, in this instance you have no obligation to accept the prize if offered.
How will the Bank choose the winner?
• We will choose the winners of the prize draws at random from the customers who are eligible for and entered into that prize draw.
• A winner will forfeit their prize and a new winner will be re drawn if:
o a winner is in breach of these terms and conditions.
o we have reasonable grounds to believe a winner has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the prize draw or won using fraudulent means.
o somebody selected as a winner is subsequently found not to be eligible for that prize draw.
o we are aware or reasonably suspect that illegal activity has taken place.
• The prize is not transferable.
• The Bank’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
How will winners receive their prize?
• Once the winners are randomly selected, we will send you an email within 7 days to inform you that you have won (if we don’t hold a valid email address for you the winner’s notification will be sent via letter to your address).
• We will then send a cheque to the address we hold for you within 30 days for the winning amount.
• If you are a winner and we receive a notification that you no longer live at the address, we have for you we will try to contact you via telephone on 3 separate occasions. If we can’t get in touch with you by telephone, we have the right to withdraw the prize and we’ll offer the prize to an alternative winner.
• The Bank reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the promotion without prior notice.
• Information about the winner(s) will be available by sending a SAE to "NatWest Prize Draw Winner List" at The Marketing Lounge Partnership, The Cow Shed, Walnut Tree Farm, Lower Stretton, Cheshire, WA4 4PG.
• The Bank reserves the right to publish or make available such information as is necessary to demonstrate that a valid award took place including, if appropriate, the surname of the winner(s)
Please note: we will share your personal details (i.e. policy start date, price and number, your name, postal and email address and contact telephone number) with MLP, our third party administrator, for the purpose of fulfilment of the prize draws.